I have "facebooked" a few folks from high school. I hadn't thought of doing it til I noticed my BFF, J, had the HS listed on her page. I browsed, saw some names & faces I recognized. One of my newest "friends" looks enough like herself from 20 years ago that I have to wonder if it's an old picture, or if she's just incredibly lucky. A lot of the people I've found on there still live in Florida, often very near where we went to High School. So I feel a little weird to have moved so much.
The whole thing is kind of weird, and it's gotten me thinking.
What would your high school self think of you today? I mean, if you could, a la Back to the Future, zap yourself backwards or forwards and actually meet yourself?
I imagine these are a few of the things my HS self would wonder about me:
- Why did it take you so long to get a degree you can't even get a job with?
- What was 1999 really like?
- Twins? Really? EEk! How does that work? (I still wonder that).
- Why didn't you spend longer in Paris?
- Where have you been all this time?
Things I might tell her:
- Weight loss isn't the most important thing in the world.
- When you really have so many things to do you can't do them all, sometimes procrastinating instead is better.
- Bad boys are really not worth the time. Or the effort. And it WILL be an effort.
- Your hair will not look as cute as Bettie Page's. No matter how many times you cut it like that.
I want to keep thinking about this. I figured I had a really meaningful post about this, but now it's just not coming. I think I'll make this a series of things to think about.