Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 Random Things

  1. I rarely do these meme things anymore, but what the hey.
  2. I played the clarinet for so long I still have a funny scar on my inner lip from the embouchure.
  3. I have a weird prejudice against old movies-- but then, when I watch them, I usually like them, so I'm clearly irrational.
  4. In college, I slept almost every day in an American History class. Got an "A" anyway, though. I think of this sometimes when students nap in MY class. Karma.
  5. I read Little Women about a bazillion times. And once in FRENCH.
  6. I like stupid puns. The stupider, the better.
  7. It's "EYEgore"
  8. I would like to learn more about yoga. And do it more often.
  9. I ADORE Italian food. Lasagna, especially.
  10. Lloyd Dobler. Nuff said.
  11. I still want to learn to play another cooler musical instrument. And wear a beret and join a band.
  12. I love to shop at Goodwill for cool clothes that cost less than five bucks.
  13. My kids are awesome.
  14. I cry at movies, all the time. I'm a big old sap and not ashamed of it.
  15. When I was about 15, I went all hysterical & screamy at a Rick Springfield concert w/ my friend Kathy. Group hypnosis? Ganja in the air? I can't explain it. It wasn't even that good of a concert!
  16. I once won a dance contest at a bar w/ what they called my Matrix move. It was a bellydancing camel roll + margarita. I wish I could have seen it.
  17. I am a drag queen trapped in a woman's body. You figure it out.
  18. I love the following movies irrationally: Tank Girl, Night of the Comet, Always, Day After Tomorrow.
  19. I am a master procrastinator. I keep meaning to stop, but I'll do it later.
  20. I am a really great baker. Scones, cakes, pies. Mmmmm. Pumpkin. Sweet potato.
  21. I do all the voices when I read to others. I think I'm quite talented, but it's probably just hubris.
  22. I love the smell of Purell.
  23. I really like having fresh flowers in my house, but I like to buy them for myself.
  24. Garnet red is my favorite color.
  25. I hate skiing. And I'm not at all good at it. Two words: ski lodge. Two more words: hot chocolate laced with liquor. (Okay. I can't count. Sue me.)

I'm not tagging anyone. If you feel like doing this and you add me to your tag, I'll read it and be happy to learn more about you.

0 comments: