Tuesday, May 5, 2009

7 days without blogging makes one week

Hah! So I can use that lame church slogan here. Score!?

This last week has been funny. I am finishing up a semester, have been trying to catch up on work at home, and am very disconnected from my work-life. It's partly like this every year at this time. The school year is mostly over-- all that's left is final exams, and I have two to give & grade. So one doesn't really see students, or other faculty for that matter. It's kind of like the "Academic Rapture"--those of us "Left Behind" marvel at how quiet it is with students mostly gone. :) But it's kind of been a weird semester, for some reason. All the action seems to have happened a long time ago. I don't know if it's because of the "Read-in"-- which meant a lot of flurry of activity back in Jan & Feb and then a bit of a letdown afterwards or just the nature of this particular year. Beats the heck out of me.

I just know I am really, really happy to be looking at several months of being completely on my own schedule. And then, Fall will be very light teaching. So, movin' on movin' up movin' movin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, can i somehow turn off the music so it doesn't play every time i hit your blog? sometimes i hit it from work, and the music gives me away.

kim wells said...

If you just scroll down to the bottom of the blog/page, it usually take a sec to load & there's a pause button.