Tuesday, October 28, 2008

RL(ong)BOC

  • One of the small stones fell out of my engagement/wedding ring the other day. I could feel it rough on my finger all day, but it often does that when it starts getting cold and my hands shrink. But it suddenly felt rougher and I looked down and the little triangle shaped side stone was gone! Luckily, it was in the chair I was sitting on and I found it immediately. It was one of the smaller of the diamonds, but it would have been a pain in the neck, I imagine, to find one shaped just that way and I probably would have had to redo the whole setting. And I feel lucky that I found the stone; it seems like a good omen overall. :)
  • Tuesdays are less hectic days for me; I only have the one class to teach and it's slightly later in the morning. I also have most of the lectures for that class already made up from last Fall, so not as much to do. I do update them, fiddle with them a bit. Especially the ones from earlier in the semester. And last time, I got the author totally wrong (I thought we were doing Ralph Ellison when they were supposed to read Robert Frost. Oops! Luckily, I glanced at the syllabus right before class!) but mostly the lecture was fine. A Youtube video I had used last time was missing but it was recoverable. Anyway. My point is this: I'm kind of feeling relaxed and good today. Babies are mostly ready for school & I'll take them in a minute.
  • I was going to post about a weird dream I had, but nah. Keep the strange Freudian crap to oneself, I vote today. :)
  • Speaking of voting, I did mine (absentee ballot since we're still Texas residents) yesterday. Get on out there and do your thing, folks. This is, one way or another, a historic election.

0 comments: