Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday

The speech went fine. I'll post it soonish on my Women Writers website. I got a couple of nibbles on future speeches... so that's really nifty. We'll see if any of them pan out. I like doing that sort of thing, and practice always is good. I met a bunch of nice authors, and after lunch, when everyone loosened up a bit, it was kind of fun. The kiddos met Curious George, with Sean "stalking" him around the place for a good ten minutes before working up the courage to give him a hug around the knees. I have some cute pictures; I'll post them soon, too.

But today, it's back to the old grind. AND you know what they never tell you about parenting? How many bugs you catch from your little darlings. I have some kind of tummy bug right now that is really kicking me down. The babies are just fine; either they passed it through with no impact or it hit them more lightly or they were pretty sick last week and didn't appear to be. You never know with kids. But all I want to do is lie on the couch and complain. It reminds me of a quote from the Devil Wears Prada, though. The skinny assistant says "I'm just one stomach flu away from my ideal weight".... I'm not close to an ideal, but it has squeezed a few pinches off of my mom-inspired belly. So that's a silver lining, if I wouldn't gain it all back as soon as I feel like eating again.

Now to go moan on the couch about the injustice of it all. :)

0 comments: