Friday, July 18, 2008

Keynote, Shmeenote.

So I volunteered, in my usual overly pushy way, to fill in any gaps that happened at the Author Author festival.

Well, as I may have mentioned, Jennifer Baumgardner & Amy Richards, who were basically headliners, had to cancel their trip to greater LA. So the organizers said "Um, since you kind of do some of the same sorts of things (at least theory-wise) maybe you could fill in for them?"

So tomorrow, at 11, I'll be giving a speech on Women, Third Wave Feminism, and the Internet. The speech ranges from discussing Larry Flynt to Virginia Woolf. So. I'll put up a link after it's posted to Women Writers in a week or so. This is my second invited speech, you know. Next thing you know, I'll be a regular speechi-fyer.

I kind of rock, you know. :)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Kind of? I think this qualifies as full-on rocking!

Brigindo said...

You definitely rock! Have a great time and bask in all the glory