Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Weird Googling


So, for some reason, a bug to google former professors of mine from days of yore hit me tonight. I found a few; one has a super duper cool website that makes me want to tweak the heck out of my professional vitae/portfolio page. Looking at pictures of some of whom I haven't actually seen in years (almost 20 for one) and seeing the changes time has wrought, and the things that are exactly the same. Seeing time having been kind, or cool. What books have been written, lives have been lived.

I looked at the Honors Program page that I was a huge part of (president of the student organization, in fact) at the first University I attended. They looked so young and yet so familiar. Back when I was first in school, the Internet was not what it is today. I played a lot of Carmen SanDiego in the Honors office, and a lot of Tetris. But today, what are they up to?

Next thing you know I'll be googling former students whose names I remember. There aren't a ton of the ones who I can totally remember first & last names of from the top of my head, but there are a couple. I mostly remember faces, and that doesn't help.

But why am I feeling so nostalgic and weirdly googlish?

0 comments: